New grocery store brings taste of Nepal to once-troubled area in Maplewood, Minnesota
Ten years ago, the first refugees from camps in Nepal began arriving in the Twin Cities. Now, a community of about 1,200 has settled mostly in and around St. Paul.
Monday marked the grand opening of a grocery store to serve the community in a space that was once a troubled nightclub.
- China’s growing influence in Nepal vs India’s soft power
- India and Nepal to enter formal agreement for biodiversity conservation
- As China woos Nepal, India opens waterway for its landlocked neighbour
- Nepal’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission limps on
- How India’s neglect drives Nepal into China’s outstretched arms