Three consecutive earthquakes jolt Kathmandu
Kathmandu, 24 April (2019) – Three consecutive earthquakes measuring 4.8, 5.2 and 4.3 at 6:14 AM, 6:29 AM and 6:40 AM respectively on Wednesday have rocked the country.
Earthquakes with magnitudes of 5.2 and 4.3 struck Naubise in Dhading District at 6:29 AM and 6:40 AM respectively and another quake struck Kathmandu with a magnitude of 4.8 on the Richter Scale at 6:14 AM today.
This day also marks the eve of the devastating earthquake that shook the country on April 25, 2015 killing nearly 9,000 people and injuring many more. It comes a day after 16 people lost their lives and 81 were left injured in the Philippines after two earthquakes measuring 6.1 and 6.2 rattled the country on Monday and Tuesday. FE
- Elephants in Nepal beaten With bullhooks and sticks for games
- PBL workshop held at Nepal Engineering College
- Nepal schools make Mandarin compulsory after China offers to pay teachers’ salaries
- US raises concern over increasing North Korean business activities in Nepal
- Disparaging film review can mean jail time in Nepal