Bangladesh in favour of importing hydropower from Nepal
Bangladesh has emphasized the importance of importing hydropower from Nepal to increase economic and trade relations between the two countries.
The issue was discussed when outgoing Ambassador of Nepal to Bangladesh Dr Chop Lal Bhushal paid a farewell call on Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen; at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thursday, reports UNB.
Referring to the priorities outlined by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, the foreign minister expressed his intentions of solidifying Bangladesh’s relations with its neighbours, including Nepal.
The outgoing ambassador thanked Bangladesh’s government for the support he received during his tenure.
He praised the growth and progress made by Bangladesh during the last decade under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Foreign Minister Abdul Momen wished the ambassador success, good health, and prosperity.
- President to visit China next week
- First meeting of Nepal-Turkey Political Consultation Mechanism was held
- UN rights bodies express concern about lack of progress in Nepal’s TJ process
- Three women from Nepal, India and China to scale Everest together
- Cultural artifacts of Mao’s birthplace on display in Kathmandu