Bangladesh in favour of importing hydropower from Nepal
Bangladesh has emphasized the importance of importing hydropower from Nepal to increase economic and trade relations between the two countries.
The issue was discussed when outgoing Ambassador of Nepal to Bangladesh Dr Chop Lal Bhushal paid a farewell call on Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen; at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thursday, reports UNB.
Referring to the priorities outlined by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, the foreign minister expressed his intentions of solidifying Bangladesh’s relations with its neighbours, including Nepal.
The outgoing ambassador thanked Bangladesh’s government for the support he received during his tenure.
He praised the growth and progress made by Bangladesh during the last decade under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Foreign Minister Abdul Momen wished the ambassador success, good health, and prosperity.
- UN urges Nepal to focus on war crimes victims as probes languish
- “Time to prioritize geo-economics over geo-politics”
- “If Trump and Kim can…”: Nepal prods India, Pak over stalled SAARC meet
- Foreign Minister Gyawali to visit India tomorrow
- Qatar Airways launches global campaign to inspire travellers to explore new destinations in 2019