Helicopter with Tourism Minister Adhikari on board crashes, all killed
Kathmandu, 27 February (2019) – A helicopter of Air Dynasty with Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Rabindra Prasad Adhikari on board has been found in a crashed condition. All the people on board are killed.
The chopper met with an accident at Daredhunga of Taplejung today. A source at the Ministry of Home Affairs said the helicopter was found burnt when security persons reached the crash site at Darebhir of Taplejung.
Aang Chhiring Sherpa, Arjun Ghimire, Birendra Shrestha, Birendra Bahadur Budhathoki and Yubaraj Dahal were also on board the ill-fated helicopter.
A team of six persons including Minister Adhikari and the helicopter pilot had flown towards Chuhandanda of Tehrathum for an inspection of the area where a feasibility study had been conducted before for construction of airport.
- Fagu Poornima, Festival of Colours, being observed today
- Madam Pratima Pandé conferred with French honour, Knight of National Order of Merit
- Greater Nepal campaigner Nepal addresses UNHRC, raises issue of discrimination against Gorkha soldiers in Indian army
- Building back better, earthquake-resistant school building inaugurated in Sindhupalchowk
- Nepal condemns Christchurch mosque shootings