Lyricist Tamang honoured
Pokhara, 6 Sept – Lyricist Tirtha Tamang has been honoured with ‘Melody Award’ for his ‘great’ contribution to Nepali music industry. Academician Thirtha Shrestha gave away Rs 25,000 in cash and draped Tamang with a shawl amid a programme in Pokhara today.
The award is established by Melody Cafe and Lounge. Meanwhile, addressing the event, culture expert Tirtha Shrestha said reorganisation of artists by honouring them would encourage their works in the future.
- 7 secrets of the only living VC recipient Gurkha soldier
- AF’s report on torture of detainees in police custody published, reparation strongly recommended
- Health workers in Kapilvastu giving their best in fighting the pandemic
- How secure is your digital home?
- Commemoration of 70 years of the first Annapurna ascension by French alpinists led by Maurice Herzog