Minister for Foreign Affairs Gyawali to visit US
Kathmandu, 16 December (2018) – Minister for Foreign Affairs Pradeep Kumar Gyawali is leaving Kathmandu Monday morning for a visit to the United States of America (US).
Gyawali is scheduled to have a bilateral meeting with the US Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo in Washington D.C. on 18 December.
During his visit, Gyawali will also have meetings with high-level officials from the White House, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), among others.
On 18 December, a Nepali delegation led by Foreign Secretary Shanker Das Bairagi will hold consultations with the US delegation led by Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for South and Central Asian Affairs at the Department of State Ambassador Mrs. Alice G. Wells.
The Nepali delegation consists of Ambassador of Nepal to the United States of America Dr. Arjun Kumar Karki, Joint Secretaries from Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Home Affairs as well as officials from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Embassy of Nepal in Washington D.C.
Gyawali and his delegation will return to Kathmandu on 21 December 2018.
- “Time to prioritize geo-economics over geo-politics”
- Bangladesh in favour of importing hydropower from Nepal
- “If Trump and Kim can…”: Nepal prods India, Pak over stalled SAARC meet
- Foreign Minister Gyawali to visit India tomorrow
- Qatar Airways launches global campaign to inspire travellers to explore new destinations in 2019