Nepal Police arrest man who fled after raping 12-Year old from Gurgaon, India
A 27-year-old Nepali citizen who had fled to India after allegedly raping a minor a week ago has been arrested from Gurgaon near India’s capital New Delhi, the police said on Tuesday.
Rajan Bika, a resident of Bharatpur Municipality in central Nepal’s Chitawan district, allegedly took a 12-year-old girl to an isolated place in the evening of November 10 and raped her, they said, adding a case was filed by the victim the next day.
Following which, the police managed to track Bika’s mobile location in Bardaghat and Butwal, and deployed teams to arrest him.
According to the police, the accused, along with his wife, managed to escape to India via Sunauli border and reached New Delhi.
A team, under Inspector Ganesh Poudel, was also sent to India to arrest the accused.
“The police team, in plainclothes, visited New Delhi along with the victim’s family members and arrested the accused a week after committing the crime from Gurgaon, near New Delhi, on Sunday, ” said a senior police officer at Chitawan District Police Office.
- First meeting of Nepal-Turkey Political Consultation Mechanism was held
- UN rights bodies express concern about lack of progress in Nepal’s TJ process
- Three women from Nepal, India and China to scale Everest together
- Cultural artifacts of Mao’s birthplace on display in Kathmandu
- Lukla plane crash: Death toll climbs to 3