Plane crashes in Lukla airport, two people killed
Kathmandu, 14 April (2019) – An aircraft of Summit Air crashed at Tenzing Hillary Airport, Lukla Sunday morning. The crash occurred while the aircraft was taking off.
The aircraft 9M-AMH lost control at the runway and went on to hit two helicopters parked at the helipad located nearby.
Co-pilot Sudip Dhungana and Assistant Sub-Inspector Ram Bahadur Khadka who was stationed at the helipad have been killed in the incident.
Captain Ravi Nath Rokaya who was flying the aircraft has been seriously injured in the incident.
Assistant Sun-Inspector Rudra Bahadur Khadka also has been injured. All the injured have been flown to Kathmandu for treatment.
- PBL workshop held at Nepal Engineering College
- Nepal schools make Mandarin compulsory after China offers to pay teachers’ salaries
- US raises concern over increasing North Korean business activities in Nepal
- Disparaging film review can mean jail time in Nepal
- Nepal court says Canadian guilty of sexual abuse of children