PM offers tribute to late Minister and others deceased
Kathmandu, 1 March (2019) – Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has offered tribute to the late Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Rabindra Adhikari and others deceased.
A helicopter carrying a team with Minister Adhikari crashed at Darebhir in Taplejung on Wednesday on the way back to Kathmandu via Pathivara.
All the dead bodies airlifted to Kathmandu from Taplejung on Thursday afternoon have been kept at Tundhikhel for tribute.
On the occasion, Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli offered national flag to the dead body of Minister Adhikari.
CPN Chair and former Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ also paid tribute to the late Minister Adhikari and others deceased.
Chair duo of the Communist Party of Nepal, Oli and Prachanda also draped Adhikari’s dead body with party flag.
Speaker of the House of Representatives Krishna Bahadur Mahara, National Assembly Chair Ganesh Prasad Timilsina, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Defense Iswar Pokharel, Home Minister Ram Bahadur Thapa and other ministers also offered tributes on the occasion. RSS
- Fagu Poornima, Festival of Colours, being observed today
- Madam Pratima Pandé conferred with French honour, Knight of National Order of Merit
- Greater Nepal campaigner Nepal addresses UNHRC, raises issue of discrimination against Gorkha soldiers in Indian army
- Building back better, earthquake-resistant school building inaugurated in Sindhupalchowk
- Nepal condemns Christchurch mosque shootings