PM Oli reaches out to storm survivors in Bara
Kathmandu, 1 April – Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has reached out to the survivors of the Sunday storm in Bara district. At least 27 people were killed and over 100 others were injured when a massive storm hit some areas of Bara and Parsa districts on Sunday evening.
On the occasion, PM Oli directed the local administration to provide prompt rescue and relief efforts to the victims, said PM Oli’s press coordinator Chetan Adhikari. Chief district officer Rajesh Poudel briefed PM Oli on the situation there. PM Oli, who is on his visit to reach out to the storm survivors and inquire about the situation, reached Bara after inspecting the disaster-hit Parsa district.
The total 27 people were killed in the disaster that occurred around 8 pm on Sunday, said Poudel. Kalaiya sub metropolitan city, Mahagadhimai and Pacharauta municipalities, Prasauni, Feta, Subarna and Parawani rural municipalities have been hit hard.
Meanwhile, Nepal Communist Party has committed donation of one day’s salary of its lawmakers to the storm survivors in relief. PM Oli, who is also chairperson of the NCP, urged party leaders and cadres to involve in rescue and relief distribution efforts. RSS
- President to visit China next week
- First meeting of Nepal-Turkey Political Consultation Mechanism was held
- UN rights bodies express concern about lack of progress in Nepal’s TJ process
- Three women from Nepal, India and China to scale Everest together
- Cultural artifacts of Mao’s birthplace on display in Kathmandu