President to visit China next week
Kathmandu, 19 April (2019) – President Bidya Devi Bhandari will pay a State Visit to China from 24 April at the invitation of Xi Jinping, President of the People’s Republic of China.
During the visit, the President is scheduled to attend the Second Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation to be held in Beijing and address the Forum. She will also attend the banquet hosted by Xi Jinping.
The President will also attend the Opening Ceremony of International Horticultural Exhibition and visit Nepali pavilion there.
The President will hold delegation level bilateral talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping, which will be followed by a signing ceremony. She will also meet with senior Chinese leaders.
She will address the joint meeting of business community from Nepal and China in Beijing.
The President will also attend the reception hosted by the Embassy of Nepal in Beijing.
She will visit Xi’an, the capital city of Shaanxi Province, on her way to Beijing. She will also visit Lhasa, the capital city of Tibet Autonomous Region of China, on her way back home. In both places, she will meet with the provincial leaders.
The President will be accompanied by Minister for Foreign Affairs Pradeep Kumar Gyawali, Chief Minister of Province No. 3 Dor Mani Paudel, Members of Federal Parliament, high-ranking Government officials, Ambassador of Nepal to China, representatives of private sector and media persons.
The Rt. Hon’ble President and the delegation will return home on 2 May 2019.
- First Kanchenjunga ascent anniversary in 65 years sans its ‘conqueror’
- Nepal’s agro engineers intensify online dialogue on farm modernization and mechanization in Nepal
- 65 years after the first summit: why Mt. Makalu has seen just around 500 summiteers?
- COVID-19 epicenter of state-1 turns to Ayurvedic medicine to boost immunity of locals
- NTV Itahari to begin first sign language news outside Kathmandu