Russian man detained near Indo-Nepal border, sent back to Nepal
A 48-year-old Russian national was detained here while trying to cross over to India without a valid visa and passport papers, officials said Thursday.
He was subsequently sent back to Nepal, they added.
Gordeev Raudhah from Russia was detained during routine checking while he was roaming in the Sonauli area near the Indo-Nepal border Wednesday, K N Prasad, Checkpost Officer, Sonauli said.
As Raudhah was carrying only a Nepali identity card and no valid visa or passport papers, he was detained, Prasad said, adding that subsequently, the Russian national was sent back to Nepal.
- Hubei Engineering University VP Li Miao meets Ambassador Paudyal
- Nepalese smuggled liquor seized from vehicle carrying ADM’s signage in Bihar
- First India-Nepal passenger train on broad gauge likely to begin from December
- ‘First Blood’ wins short video competition
- DPM calls for enhanced support from industrialised countries to combat climate challenges