Russian man detained near Indo-Nepal border, sent back to Nepal
A 48-year-old Russian national was detained here while trying to cross over to India without a valid visa and passport papers, officials said Thursday.
He was subsequently sent back to Nepal, they added.
Gordeev Raudhah from Russia was detained during routine checking while he was roaming in the Sonauli area near the Indo-Nepal border Wednesday, K N Prasad, Checkpost Officer, Sonauli said.
As Raudhah was carrying only a Nepali identity card and no valid visa or passport papers, he was detained, Prasad said, adding that subsequently, the Russian national was sent back to Nepal.
- Bangladesh in favour of importing hydropower from Nepal
- “If Trump and Kim can…”: Nepal prods India, Pak over stalled SAARC meet
- Foreign Minister Gyawali to visit India tomorrow
- Qatar Airways launches global campaign to inspire travellers to explore new destinations in 2019
- Ottawa man facing child pornography charges following mission trip to Nepal