Russian man detained near Indo-Nepal border, sent back to Nepal
A 48-year-old Russian national was detained here while trying to cross over to India without a valid visa and passport papers, officials said Thursday.
He was subsequently sent back to Nepal, they added.
Gordeev Raudhah from Russia was detained during routine checking while he was roaming in the Sonauli area near the Indo-Nepal border Wednesday, K N Prasad, Checkpost Officer, Sonauli said.
As Raudhah was carrying only a Nepali identity card and no valid visa or passport papers, he was detained, Prasad said, adding that subsequently, the Russian national was sent back to Nepal.
- Nepal needs millions to rebuild after rain creates havoc
- KU launches Master’s degree programme in technical education
- Floods and landslides kill at least 88 people in Nepal and India
- Climbers seek new routes to keep the thrill of Everest alive
- Financial Cooperation Agreement signed between Germany and Nepal