Two Indians arrested in Nepal for allegedly trying to smuggle 235 kgs of cannabis
Two Indian nationals were arrested by the Nepal police on Thursday for allegedly trying to smuggle 235 kgs of cannabis from the Himalayan country to India, according to a media report.
The duo, hailing from Uttar Pradesh, were arrested while they were transporting the drugs in a container, the Himalayan Times reported, quoting police as saying.
“The duo have been arrested and the truck in which they were transporting the drugs has been impounded,” the police said.
From Hindustan Times
Published on 4 January 2019
- “Time to prioritize geo-economics over geo-politics”
- Bangladesh in favour of importing hydropower from Nepal
- “If Trump and Kim can…”: Nepal prods India, Pak over stalled SAARC meet
- Foreign Minister Gyawali to visit India tomorrow
- Qatar Airways launches global campaign to inspire travellers to explore new destinations in 2019