UN Under-Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations to visit Nepal
Kathmandu, 26 June (2018) – The UN Under-Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations, Jean-Pierre Lacroix, will visit Nepal from 26 June to 28 June 2018. He will also visit Bangladesh, India and Pakistan.
Together, troops and police from these four countries make up close to one-third of some 91,000 uniformed personnel across 14 UN peacekeeping operations.
The purpose of Mr. Lacroix’s visit is to thank the four countries for their service and sacrifice in the name of peace, as well as to update on ongoing reforms in the UN peace and security reform area, and specifically the UN Secretary-General’s Action for Peacekeeping (A4P) initiative to make peacekeeping more focused, safer and stronger.
While in Nepal, Mr. Lacroix will meet with senior officials including government, military and police officials.
- Devotees throng Sheshnarayan to observe Haribodhini festival
- Australian climber falls to his death on Ama Dablam peak in Nepal
- Hubei Engineering University VP Li Miao meets Ambassador Paudyal
- Nepalese smuggled liquor seized from vehicle carrying ADM’s signage in Bihar
- First India-Nepal passenger train on broad gauge likely to begin from December