Urologist Dr. Kiran Jung Kunwar receives award for kidney transplantation research
Kathmandu, 31 October (2019) – Nepali Urologist Dr. Kiran Jung Kunwar has been awarded with 10 million rupees for his research on kidney transplantation.
Dr. Kunwar received the award during Asian Transplant Summit that was held in South Korea from 17 to 19 October.
Dr. Kunwar’s research paper was rated the best during the summit.
Urologists from different countries in Asia, Europe and North America attended the summit.
“This award has encouraged me to further work on kidney transplantation,” Dr. Kunwar told Lokantar.
Dr. Kunwar holds a PhD in Urology and is affiliated with Shaheed Dharma Bhakta National Transplant Centre.
- Huts for menstrual exile brought down, women stay inside house during periods
- PM Oli and PM Modi jointly inaugurate Integrated Check Post
- 8 Indian tourists asphyxiate to death in Daman resort
- Madhesh movement martyr families suffer indifference from leaders
- A prescription to chill: One doctor’s transformational trip to Nepal