Uzbek woman trying to sneak into Nepal arrested near UP border
An Uzbek woman was arrested in Sonauli town near the border in Uttar Pradesh when she was allegedly trying to cross over to Nepal without valid documents, an official said Wednesday.
Dilafruz Norova, 32, who was on her way to Nepal from Delhi, was arrested by the immigration department after officials found she did not have proper visa documents, Sonauli check-post officer Sakieel Ahmed Ansari said.
A case has been registered and the Intelligence Bureau has been informed, he said.
Published on 27 December 2018
- Nepalese mountaineer Kami Rita scales Mount Everest for 24th time, beats own record in a week
- Nepal must change its laws to let victims of human rights violations access justice: UN
- India builds educational institution in Nepal’s Udayapur district
- Holocaust Remembrance Day marked at Kathmandu University
- Tons of trash removed from Everest as cleanup unearths bodies