Sub Metropolis blacklists evasive taxpayers
The amount of tax payment the industrialists and entrepreneurs are evading has crossed Rs 20 million prompting the sub metropolis to blacklist those yet to cough up tax.
Biratnagar Sub Metropolis Executive Officer, Deepak Koirala, said the entrepreneurs were repeatedly asked to submit the due payment, but they have been neglecting the call.
The blacklisted taxpayers will be barred from seeking any recommendation from the municipality while their assets at the Land Reform Office will be put on freeze.
- Meet Ginger: Nepal’s first robot waiter is ready to take your order
- ADB to provide US$180 million to improve Nepal’s main East–West Highway
- Tank-fill tourism booms in Nepal
- Nepal eyes Qatari investments in energy, tourism
- World Bank Board approves $100 million to help deepen Nepal’s financial sector reforms