Sub Metropolis blacklists evasive taxpayers
The amount of tax payment the industrialists and entrepreneurs are evading has crossed Rs 20 million prompting the sub metropolis to blacklist those yet to cough up tax.
Biratnagar Sub Metropolis Executive Officer, Deepak Koirala, said the entrepreneurs were repeatedly asked to submit the due payment, but they have been neglecting the call.
The blacklisted taxpayers will be barred from seeking any recommendation from the municipality while their assets at the Land Reform Office will be put on freeze.
- Qatar Airways launching 5 flights a week to Nice
- Comprehensive reforms can help Nepal escape low-growth trap, says new World Bank report
- 50th meeting of ADB board of governors wraps up, pledging to up investment
- NCC Chair Shrestha urges Finnish industrialists to invest in Nepal
- Finance Ministry issues instruction to reestablish banking outlets