BRICS agrees to set up credit rating agency
Goa (India), 17 Oct – The five-nation group BRICS agreed to set up an independent rating agency based on market-oriented principles, saying it would further strengthen the global governance architecture.
“We believe that BRICS institution-building is critical to our shared vision of transforming the global financial architecture to one based on the principles of fairness and equity,” the declaration stated. “…to further bridge the gap in the global financial architecture, we agreed to fast-track the setting up of a BRICS Rating Agency,” Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in a statement at the conclusion of the BRICS Summit.
- Qatar Airways launching 5 flights a week to Nice
- Comprehensive reforms can help Nepal escape low-growth trap, says new World Bank report
- 50th meeting of ADB board of governors wraps up, pledging to up investment
- NCC Chair Shrestha urges Finnish industrialists to invest in Nepal
- Finance Ministry issues instruction to reestablish banking outlets