BRICS agrees to set up credit rating agency
Goa (India), 17 Oct – The five-nation group BRICS agreed to set up an independent rating agency based on market-oriented principles, saying it would further strengthen the global governance architecture.
“We believe that BRICS institution-building is critical to our shared vision of transforming the global financial architecture to one based on the principles of fairness and equity,” the declaration stated. “…to further bridge the gap in the global financial architecture, we agreed to fast-track the setting up of a BRICS Rating Agency,” Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in a statement at the conclusion of the BRICS Summit.
- Meet Ginger: Nepal’s first robot waiter is ready to take your order
- ADB to provide US$180 million to improve Nepal’s main East–West Highway
- Tank-fill tourism booms in Nepal
- Nepal eyes Qatari investments in energy, tourism
- World Bank Board approves $100 million to help deepen Nepal’s financial sector reforms