Kathmandu-bound buses under police scanner, firecrackers searched
Kathmandu, 16 Oct – The police have started strict monitoring of passenger buses that come to Kathmandu from Tarai districts.
With information that people who had gone to Tarai districts to celebrate Dashain festival are being used as carriers of firecrackers, the police stepped up the vigilance. All passenger buses and private vehicles are under scanner.
Firecrackers are blasted during Tihar festival as part of celebration. They can cause serious injury.
Anyone found with firecrackers will be kept in custody till Tihar, Deputy Superintendent of Police Bikram Singh Thapa said.
Original news published in Rajdhani Daily
- Tank-fill tourism booms in Nepal
- Nepal eyes Qatari investments in energy, tourism
- World Bank Board approves $100 million to help deepen Nepal’s financial sector reforms
- Qatar Airways launching 5 flights a week to Nice
- Comprehensive reforms can help Nepal escape low-growth trap, says new World Bank report