Strike brings Mayos noodles at Banepa factory to halt
Kathmandu, 3 June – Operations of Mayos noodles factory of Himalayan Snacks and Noodles Pvt Ltd at Banepa has been closed for a week due to labourers’ strike.
Alleging factory management of trying to sack employees in the name of transferring them, labourr organisations have picketed the factory, stopping all productions.
All Nepal Revolutionary Trade Union Coordinator Raja Adhikary told Lokaantar that they were protesting transfer of 98 labourers among 198 to Bhairahawa.
“Rather than managing basic necessities for labourers in Bhairahawa management arrived at the decision to transfer them with intentions of showing them the exit door,” Adhikary said.
All labourers picketing the factory say that there are no facilities for labourers in Bhairahawa factory.
Lokaantar tried to take comments from factory management but no one responded.
- Hamro Keyboard adds voice typing support and dynamic keyboard sizes
- Nepal Investment Bank Ltd. received full amount of Bank Guarantee from the Italian Bank, Intesa Sanpaolo SPA
- 15 important takeaways from Rs. 40 billion budget of state-1 for fiscal year 2077/78
- Reaching the unreached together with the local government
- Samsung elevates data protection for mobile devices with new security chip solution