Special Court extends Sharma’s judicial custody by one week
Kathmandu, 4 June – The Special Court has extended the judicial custody of suspended Director General of the Inland Revenue Department, Chudamani Sharma by one week. Sharma was arrested on the charge of corruption on tax determination issues last Friday.
The Special Court extended the judicial custody to carry out investigation by keeping Sharma in custody to be effective from Saturday after the Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority presented Sharma before the court this morning.
Talking to media persons at the Court premises, Sharma said that he was arrested illegally. RSS
- Supreme Court issues show cause order in case concerning Regulation of Foreign Employment Agents
- Deaf voters demand voter education in sign language
- Supreme Court issues final verdict in cases concerning deaths of Nepali migrant workers
- Policy-level corruption plagues country: Lawmakers
- Consultation workshop on enter-educative audio-visual material held