Special Court extends Sharma’s judicial custody by one week
Kathmandu, 4 June – The Special Court has extended the judicial custody of suspended Director General of the Inland Revenue Department, Chudamani Sharma by one week. Sharma was arrested on the charge of corruption on tax determination issues last Friday.
The Special Court extended the judicial custody to carry out investigation by keeping Sharma in custody to be effective from Saturday after the Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority presented Sharma before the court this morning.
Talking to media persons at the Court premises, Sharma said that he was arrested illegally. RSS
- Bill to determine rights of State Public Service Commission hosts strong centralising tendencies
- Time to champion economic, social and cultural rights
- Nepal court blocks road construction in rhino stronghold of Chitwan Park
- “Social Organizations Bill aims to control NGOs, needs to be modified”
- Supreme Court issues directive order to ensure effective implementation of Free Visa Free Ticket Policy