Freaky Ali vs Baar Baar Dekho: Who will emerge winner at box-office?
Mumbai, 9 Sept – It’s not exactly a clash of titans but a clash nevertheless. Freaky Ali sees the irresistible Nawazuddin Siddiqui in an avatar never seen while Baar Baar Dekho has the newly minted hot as hellfire Katrina Kaif sending temperatures soaring with her onscreen oomph and chemistry with Sidharth Malhotra. Let’s take a look at how these films stand head-to-head against each other.
Baar Baar Dekho has a slight edge over Freaky Ali as Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra are bigger commercial draws at the box office. For Nawazuddin, Freaky Ali will be his first big commercial solo lead film and it remains to be seen if the this brilliant actor can get enough footfalls on the opening weekend for his film.
Freaky Ali wins this battle hands down. Nawaz’s histrionics in the trailer are both effortless and simple. It will keep you booked and hooked with its punchlines, dialogues and a Nawaz special in the form of him selling underwear on streets. Baar Baar Dekho, on the other hand, has focused more on keeping it mysterious by not revealing much in the trailer. We know Sidharth ages in the film but does he time travel or is it a dream sequence are things not yet clear through the trailer.
Katrina’s ultra sexy moves in Kala Chashma has already made the song a chartbuster not to forget the soulful Khair Mangdi by Bilal which too has been widely appreciated. Freaky Ali’ s songs haven’t created much buzz in the market yet.
Sohail Khan (Freaky Ali) is an experienced hand while Nitya Mehra (Baar Baar Dekho) is a first time director. It may mean the world or nothing at all depending on how the duo have tackled their content and actors in their respective films.
Screen space sharing
Producers Excel Entertainment and Dharma Productions seem to have pulled in maximum screen numbers in multiplexes for Baar Baar Dekho. Sangam cinemas where we conduct our reviews have a total of 11 shows of Baar Baar Dekho while Freaky Ali lags behind with a total number of four screenings only.
The Salman Khan factor
Salman Khan is promoting Freaky Ali and that is reason enough for all Bhai fans to watch the film. Will that make difference? Let’s wait and see.
The Indian Express
- Comic Con Nepal 2019 to pay tribute to Stan Lee
- ‘Buwa’, short film by Kamal Subedi, wins first prize in Ncell Short Film Competition
- 60 Seconds Intl. Film Festival 2019 – Nepal Screening concludes
- Baja Nepal plans to use biology to preserve traditional music
- IMAX Production introduces TV reality show “Big Boss” in Nepal
- Caught between Indo-Pacific Strategy and BRI Deependra Khadka Nepal is a tiny Himalayan nation situated between two Asian giants: China and India...
- If a tree falls in Nepal, will anyone care?
- The MCC and Nepal’s strategic ties with the US
- Qatar expresses its concern that Saudi didn’t allow Health Minister to attend GCC meeting
- Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs renews Qatar’s call to create binding security agreement for Middle Eastern countries