May India be free from rape: Amitabh Bachchan pledges on Independence Day
Mumbai, 15 Aug – Megastar Amitabh Bachchan says this Independence Day, citizens of the country should pledge India be freed from rape. The 73-year-old Te3n star shared his views on Twitter and posted a still from his upcoming thriller Pink, which is about three women, who possibly get sexually assaulted.
“Independence Day 15th August pledge… May India be Independent from rape… Bharat aazad ho rape se…,” Bachchan wrote.
The actor also re-tweeted his own post about women and asked his followers to always remember it by captioning the message- ‘say it again…’”
“A woman’s body is not a democracy, it’s a dictatorship, and its about time the dictator took charge,” read the message.
In 2016 the actor will be seen in two films. TE3N where he stars alongside Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Vidya Balan and Pink, directed by Anirrudha Roy Chowdhury also starring Taapsee Pannu.
The trailer of Pink released recently and it spoke of a rape incident and the various tensions and questions women face despite being a victim of the situation.
- Comic Con Nepal 2019 to pay tribute to Stan Lee
- ‘Buwa’, short film by Kamal Subedi, wins first prize in Ncell Short Film Competition
- 60 Seconds Intl. Film Festival 2019 – Nepal Screening concludes
- Baja Nepal plans to use biology to preserve traditional music
- IMAX Production introduces TV reality show “Big Boss” in Nepal