Government withdraws constitution amendment bill
Kathmandu, 11 April – The government has withdrawn the second constitution amendment bill that was registered in the Legislature-Parliament in November last year.
Minister for Law, Justice and Federal Affairs Ajay Shankar Nayak presented a proposal before the parliament meeting today, seeking a permission to take the bill back. The proposal presented for a decision was unanimously accepted by the meeting, according to Speaker Onsari Gharti.
While presenting the proposal before the meeting, Minister Nayak said the government decided to withdraw the bill as its attempt to address the problems facing the country and urged all political parties to come to a consensus in this regard and gear up for making upcoming local-level election successful. RSS
- PM directs civil servants to serve citizens at their doorstep
- Prachanda visiting India, China to better Nepal’s relations with neighbours
- Government to adhere to the constitution: PM Oli
- Development and prosperity after constitution enforcement: Home Minister Sharma
- Major parties put efforts to bring RJP Nepal on polls board