PM Dahal and President Bhandari discuss political developments
In the meeting that took place at the President House, Shital Niwas, the President and the PM discussed the latest political developments, the local level elections and the impeachment against the Chief Justice Sushila Karki.
On the occasion, President Bhandari had inquired to the PM about the election and the impeachment proposal registered against the Chief Justice.
In response, Prime Minister Dahal said the election would take place on the stipulated date of May 14.
“The election which has been announced would not be stopped and the latest political developments would not have any effect on the election,” PM’s advisor Govinda Acharya informed RSS, quoting the Prime Minister.
According to Acharya, to the President’s query regarding the impeachment against the Chief Justice, the Prime Minister had made it clear that the impeachment was a democratic topic within the Legislature-Parliament.
In the meeting that lasted for about one and half hours, the Head of the State and the Head of the Government also discussed other contemporary issues. RSS
- PM directs civil servants to serve citizens at their doorstep
- Prachanda visiting India, China to better Nepal’s relations with neighbours
- Government to adhere to the constitution: PM Oli
- Development and prosperity after constitution enforcement: Home Minister Sharma
- Major parties put efforts to bring RJP Nepal on polls board