Nepali woman allegedly gang-raped and tortured in India, jumps off third floor naked
Two men have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping a 23-year-old Nepali woman near Rajasthan’s Jaipur, police said Sunday.
Based on the survivor’s complaint, the accused Lokesh Saini, 19 and Kamal Saini, 24, were arrested late Saturday night, said ACP Jaipur South KK Awasthi.
The accused had allegedly gang-raped the woman on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday, SHO Muhana Police Station area Devendra Kumar said.
According to the complaint, the accused had tortured her following which she jumped naked from the third floor of an apartment in Muhana area, around 18 km away from Jaipur, to escape.
The survivor is currently undergoing treatment at Jaipuria Hospital. Medical examination has been done and the matter is being investigated, the SHO added.
Originally published on ndtv.com on 22 October 2018
Published on Lokantar on 23 October 2018
- Indian-American couple found guilty of mistreating Nepali workers in US
- Christchurch mosque massacre: 49 confirmed dead in shootings; four arrested – three men, one woman
- 100K From Honduras, Nepal temporarily allowed to stay in US
- Trump administration halts plan to end protections for immigrants from Honduras and Nepal
- UNK students from Nepal share their culture and traditions with community