Nepali woman allegedly gang-raped and tortured in India, jumps off third floor naked
Two men have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping a 23-year-old Nepali woman near Rajasthan’s Jaipur, police said Sunday.
Based on the survivor’s complaint, the accused Lokesh Saini, 19 and Kamal Saini, 24, were arrested late Saturday night, said ACP Jaipur South KK Awasthi.
The accused had allegedly gang-raped the woman on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday, SHO Muhana Police Station area Devendra Kumar said.
According to the complaint, the accused had tortured her following which she jumped naked from the third floor of an apartment in Muhana area, around 18 km away from Jaipur, to escape.
The survivor is currently undergoing treatment at Jaipuria Hospital. Medical examination has been done and the matter is being investigated, the SHO added.
Originally published on ndtv.com on 22 October 2018
Published on Lokantar on 23 October 2018
- Qatar expresses its concern that Saudi didn’t allow Health Minister to attend GCC meeting
- Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs renews Qatar’s call to create binding security agreement for Middle Eastern countries
- She grew up in Nepal, calls Philadelphia home, and is working for Bernie Sanders in New Hampshire
- Roundtable meet on Buddhism stresses on mutual learning among civilizations
- Boao Forum to hold Global Economic Development and Security Forum in defense of multilateralism