Nepali woman allegedly gang-raped and tortured in India, jumps off third floor naked
Two men have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping a 23-year-old Nepali woman near Rajasthan’s Jaipur, police said Sunday.
Based on the survivor’s complaint, the accused Lokesh Saini, 19 and Kamal Saini, 24, were arrested late Saturday night, said ACP Jaipur South KK Awasthi.
The accused had allegedly gang-raped the woman on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday, SHO Muhana Police Station area Devendra Kumar said.
According to the complaint, the accused had tortured her following which she jumped naked from the third floor of an apartment in Muhana area, around 18 km away from Jaipur, to escape.
The survivor is currently undergoing treatment at Jaipuria Hospital. Medical examination has been done and the matter is being investigated, the SHO added.
Originally published on ndtv.com on 22 October 2018
Published on Lokantar on 23 October 2018
- Qatar participates in 9th Session of Arab-Chinese Forum at ministerial level
- Qatar’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs announces country’s new pledge of US$100m to alleviate suffering of Syrian people
- Qatar responds to false allegations by Saudi Authority for Intellectual Property (SAIP) on the ruling issued by the World Trade Organization
- Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs announces Qatar’s pledge of US $10 million for WHO to combat COVID-19 pandemic
- Qatar participates in Arab ministerial meeting to discuss developments in Libya, file of Renaissance Dam