Two dead, 43 injured as Sealdah Ajmer Express derails
Kanpur (India), 28 Dec – Several coaches of Sealdah-Ajmer Superfast Express derailed in Kanpur Dehat district in Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday. As per preliminary reports, more than 40 passengers have been injured in the incident. Initially, the exact number of coaches that have derailed could not be ascertained. However, reports suggested that the number could be between 11 to 14 coaches. Rescue teams were immediately rushed to the spot.
This is the second train accident in Uttar Pradesh within months. In November, Indore-Patna Express had derailed at Pukhrayan in Kanpur Dehat district of Uttar Pradesh, killing 120 people and injuring 180 others.
The Indian Express
- Mom’s Momo and Deli to open on Derry Street, Pennsylvania with sandwiches, Nepali cuisine
- Indian-American couple found guilty of mistreating Nepali workers in US
- Christchurch mosque massacre: 49 confirmed dead in shootings; four arrested – three men, one woman
- 100K From Honduras, Nepal temporarily allowed to stay in US
- Trump administration halts plan to end protections for immigrants from Honduras and Nepal