Two dead, 43 injured as Sealdah Ajmer Express derails
Kanpur (India), 28 Dec – Several coaches of Sealdah-Ajmer Superfast Express derailed in Kanpur Dehat district in Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday. As per preliminary reports, more than 40 passengers have been injured in the incident. Initially, the exact number of coaches that have derailed could not be ascertained. However, reports suggested that the number could be between 11 to 14 coaches. Rescue teams were immediately rushed to the spot.
This is the second train accident in Uttar Pradesh within months. In November, Indore-Patna Express had derailed at Pukhrayan in Kanpur Dehat district of Uttar Pradesh, killing 120 people and injuring 180 others.
The Indian Express
- UNK students from Nepal share their culture and traditions with community
- Icelanders’ remains found in Nepal after 30 years
- Nepali woman allegedly gang-raped and tortured in India, jumps off third floor naked
- Indian PM Modi to visit Nepal again in November
- Indian minister Pradhan to review progress of Nepal petro pipeline