Government announces annual budget
Kathmandu, 28 May – Finance Minister Bishnu Prasad Paudel presented the annual budget for the fiscal year 2016/2017 in the parliament today.
The one trillion 48 billion 920 million budget has focused on enhancing development projects.
Some highlights of the budget include increase in social security allowances. Likewise, government employees’ salary has been increased by 25 percent.
- 7 secrets of the only living VC recipient Gurkha soldier
- AF’s report on torture of detainees in police custody published, reparation strongly recommended
- Health workers in Kapilvastu giving their best in fighting the pandemic
- How secure is your digital home?
- Commemoration of 70 years of the first Annapurna ascension by French alpinists led by Maurice Herzog