Govt preparing internal security policy: Home Minister Basnet
Kathmandu, 27 May – Minister for Home Affairs, Shakti Bahadur Basnet, today said the government was preparing to introduce an internal security policy.
At a seminar entitled ‘Effective Implementation of National Security Policy’ organized by Former Police Council Nepal (FoPCON), Minister Basnet stressed on need for not only drafting the security policy but its effective implementation.
The country’s current socio-economic and political scenario will be reflected in the security policy, Home Minister Basnet said, adding further it was essential that all the sectors adopted an equal perspective on Nepal’s current scenario before implementing the national security policy.
FoPCON Vice Chairman and former Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Dr Chuda Bahadur Shrestha, said an extensive discussion in general should precede the implementation of the national security policy and act.
The seminar was attended by representatives of Nepal Police, Armed Police Force (APF), National Investigation Department Head, lawmakers, former police officials and officials of government authorities related to security. A working document on security issues was presented at the seminar.
- 7 secrets of the only living VC recipient Gurkha soldier
- AF’s report on torture of detainees in police custody published, reparation strongly recommended
- Health workers in Kapilvastu giving their best in fighting the pandemic
- How secure is your digital home?
- Commemoration of 70 years of the first Annapurna ascension by French alpinists led by Maurice Herzog