Urologist Dr. Kiran Jung Kunwar receives award for kidney transplantation research
Kathmandu, 31 October (2019) – Nepali Urologist Dr. Kiran Jung Kunwar has been awarded with 10 million rupees for his research on kidney transplantation.
Dr. Kunwar received the award during Asian Transplant Summit that was held in South Korea from 17 to 19 October.
Dr. Kunwar’s research paper was rated the best during the summit.
Urologists from different countries in Asia, Europe and North America attended the summit.
“This award has encouraged me to further work on kidney transplantation,” Dr. Kunwar told Lokantar.
Dr. Kunwar holds a PhD in Urology and is affiliated with Shaheed Dharma Bhakta National Transplant Centre.
- 7 secrets of the only living VC recipient Gurkha soldier
- AF’s report on torture of detainees in police custody published, reparation strongly recommended
- Health workers in Kapilvastu giving their best in fighting the pandemic
- How secure is your digital home?
- Commemoration of 70 years of the first Annapurna ascension by French alpinists led by Maurice Herzog