Government should not be afraid of holding polls: Chairman Oli
Nepalgunj, 19 March – CPN (UML) Chairman KP Sharma Oli has said the incumbent government should not be afraid of holding the local level elections in the stipulated date. The government has scheduled May 14 for the local level election.
At a news conference organised by Banke Publicity Department of the Party here today, Chairman Oli said “The government should not show undemocratic character by trying to stop the polls from taking place even when any political party, Morcha and any group are against it. The government should stay firm on holding the elections.”
Saying the new constitution has not discriminated against anyone and that Tarai people have been duped into acting against it, he said in these circumstances, the UML has launched Mechi Mahakali campaign.
Responding a query, the CPN (UML) Chairman said that his party has focused its attention on the elections at present.
Similarly, UML General Secretary Ishwor Pokharel reiterated that his party would not go for the amendment to the constitution at any cost. RSS
- Asking Oli to resign won’t end current standoff: Dr. Rajiv Jha
- NCP secretariat tells PM- Either follow party decision or make way!
- PM disobeys party decision: What next?
- PM talks about plots to bring the government down: Unfounded fear or deflection tactics?
- Nepal’s ousted female deputy speaker vows to fight on for gender equality