No alternative to elections: Gen Secy Pokharel
Pokhara, 26 March – CPN (UML) General Secretary Ishwar Pokharel has said that his party will cooperate with the government to hold the local level polls in slated date, May 14.
Speaking at a press meet organized by the Press Chautari, Kaski chapter today, leader Pokharel said elections were essential to end political transition and to implement the constitution.
He added that the local polls should not be postponed under any pretext. In an another note, he shared that the party will choose popular and fair candidates for upcoming elections.
He shared that the party’s Mechi-Mahakali Campaign would be launched on March 29 and 30 in Province No. 2 as it was postponed there due to obstruction by UDMF.
Leader Pokharel reiterated that his party will not support to pass the constitution amendment process as the bill had the foul interest of separating Tarai from hills and mountain. RSS
- Asking Oli to resign won’t end current standoff: Dr. Rajiv Jha
- NCP secretariat tells PM- Either follow party decision or make way!
- PM disobeys party decision: What next?
- PM talks about plots to bring the government down: Unfounded fear or deflection tactics?
- Nepal’s ousted female deputy speaker vows to fight on for gender equality