Three layers of elections in time: President Deuba
Kathmandu, 13 Feb – Nepali Congress President Sher Bahadur Deuba has stressed the need for holding all three layers of elections in the slated timeframe for effective implementation of the constitution.
Releasing a multi-disciplinary journal ‘Pragya Darshan’ published by the Democratic Professors Association in the capital city today, Deuba said that constitutional crisis would surface if the elections were not held in time.
The former prime minister also said that Nepali Congress would succeed in the national politics if the Nepal Students Union (NSU) won the Free Student’s Union (FSU) elections.
Likewise, NC General Secretary Shashank Koirala said that the ‘Pragya Darshan’ published after conducting research on different fields was fruitful and urged the professors and university students for doing researches.
The NC leader further said that delineation of the provinces should be finalized only by keeping the sentiments of the local people in mind.
On the occasion, lawmaker Rajan KC, Tarun Dal Chairman Jitjung Basnet, NSU President Nainsingh Mahar and others expressed their opinions and lauded the roles of student movement for political changes in the country.
The journal edited by Prof Dr Damodar Gyawali consists of 11 articles in Nepali and 19 in English. RSS
- Asking Oli to resign won’t end current standoff: Dr. Rajiv Jha
- NCP secretariat tells PM- Either follow party decision or make way!
- PM disobeys party decision: What next?
- PM talks about plots to bring the government down: Unfounded fear or deflection tactics?
- Nepal’s ousted female deputy speaker vows to fight on for gender equality