UDMP to take part in local polls after constitution amendment: Thakur
Saptari, 26 March – The Tarai Madhes Loktantrik Party (TMLP) Chair Mahantha Thakur has said that the Madhes-centric political parties will take part in the local polls only when the constitution amendment bill was passed with revision in the delineation of the provinces.
At a press meet here today, Thakur said that they could not participate in the polls without change in the provincial border, as it was their bottom line. He added that there was no alternative to go for protest if their demands were not addressed.
In another note, Thakur urged the government to take action against those involved in the killing of protesters in Sapatri in course of CPN (UML)’s Mechi-Mahakali Campaign adding that they were innocent. RSS
- Asking Oli to resign won’t end current standoff: Dr. Rajiv Jha
- NCP secretariat tells PM- Either follow party decision or make way!
- PM disobeys party decision: What next?
- PM talks about plots to bring the government down: Unfounded fear or deflection tactics?
- Nepal’s ousted female deputy speaker vows to fight on for gender equality