Upendra Yadav’s party dominates by-elections in Tarai
Kathmandu, 1 December (2019) – By-elections in all the nine wards in Province-2 have established the dominance of Samajwadi Party under the leadership of Minister of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Upendra Yadav.
Samajwadi Party has emerged victorious in four of nine wards while Rastriya Janata Party (RaJaPa) and Nepal Congress have won two each.
Nepal Communist Party won a ward.
But Janamat Party under the leadership of CK Raut who came to mainstream politics only this year has not received competitive votes.
It was said that CK Raut’s party had extended its remarkable influence in Tarai but its brightest result was just securing 223 votes in Balawa-2 in Mahottari district.
NCP, the incumbent party in federal government, has been able to win only Kalyanpur Municipality-12 in Siraha district.
CPN (UML) and CPN (Maoist Centre) had merged to become NCP but that merger did not give them enough impetus to win more seats in the Tarai.
Vote counting in election for the post of Pipara Rural Municipality Chief is going on.
RaJaPa and NCP are competing for that seat.
- Nepal’s five historic diplomatic ‘records’ made by former PM BP Koirala
- Asking Oli to resign won’t end current standoff: Dr. Rajiv Jha
- NCP secretariat tells PM- Either follow party decision or make way!
- PM disobeys party decision: What next?
- PM talks about plots to bring the government down: Unfounded fear or deflection tactics?